If you’re a small dance studio you may be wondering whether it is worth your while to have a website. You’re just a small operation, right? Why go through all that hassle?
Perhaps these things might be going through your head:
- Websites are too expensive
- I’m just a small business, I don’t need a website for little ol’ me
- I don’t have any useful info to put on a website
- Nobody would find my website anyways
- I don’t know how to create a website, it’s too hard
These are all valid concerns, but if you want to have a successful business you do indeed need a website.
“But I’m already successful!”, you say, “I already have students in my classes”. That’s all well and good, but take the advice of someone who has been there and remember that anything can change in a flash – students can move away, they can go on to start teaching their own classes, they can have children and get too busy, they can change jobs and have a conflicting change of schedule, etc. etc.
So, in order to be visible these days, you have to have a website.
Come on, it’s easier than you think! WordPress is free and easy to use once it’s set up, and so many other tools are out there that make it easy to create and update your website. Heck, you could even get a Virtual Assistant to set one up for you in two shakes of a lamb’s tail!
And once you’ve got a website then the sky is the limit when it comes to visibility:
- people that are new to town will find you and get in touch, as will those who are doing an online search for your type of dance in their area
- your current students can tell their friends about your dance studio and then they can have something to actually look up themselves instead of just taking the word of their buddy
- when you’re out and about and meet some new folks you can tell them what you do and point them to your website for more info
- you can add a special section to your website for your current students to use for resources, homework, etc.
- you can list your upcoming events and classes on your website and therefore encourage repeat students
See how much farther your reach can be with a website? You’ve got to get with the times and create your small business presence online, particularly if you have younger students that are super tech-savvy, even if you are a small dance studio.