What the Heck is a Virtual Assistant (VA)?
VAnetworking.com: “A Virtual Assistant (VA) is a highly-skilled, independent professional who remotely provides administrative, technical and/or creative business support services“
But what you really want to know is, “What can a Virtual Assistant do for me?”. The ways in which a VA can help you and your business are as unique and diverse as the individual VAs themselves. To help you get an idea of what SMac To The Rescue can do for you and your business, check out our Services (Super Powers) page.
How can hiring a Virtual Assistant save me money?
- No paying for employee holidays
- No paying for employee benefits (CPP, income tax, EI)
- No paying for office space – a VA works from their own independent office
- No paying for new office equipment or upgrades
- VA’s are more experienced – you spend far less time explaining projects
- VA’s are more efficient – projects are done faster
All in all, when you’re working with a Virtual Assistant far less time and money needs to be dedicated to projects to achieve the same results as if you had an in-house employee.
Virtual Assistant Ethics
Ethics of a Virtual Assistant (VA)
- As a Virtual Assistant, I will maintain the highest ethics and honesty in all dealings with clients, colleagues and the general public.
- I will seek to deal with colleagues, suppliers and employees in a fair and equitable manner, and maintain the highest standards of personal conduct to bring credit to the Virtual Assistant profession.
- As a highly ethical Virtual Assistant, I will only take on projects that are within my abilities. If a project is not within my ability, the client will be notified immediately and I will provide recommendations for other highly skilled Virtual Assistants.
- Client information will be held in the strictest of confidence and will not be shared with others or used for personal gain.
- I highly value each client relationship and will not place one client above another.
- I will make a commitment to possess and increase the required knowledge, skills and training to be proficient and relevant in the provision of services.
- I will be honest about my intentions and never misrepresent my skills, peers, or my profession as a whole, whether to networks or to prospects, clients, and the community at large (virtual or otherwise).
- I will not knowingly be a part of any illegal or unethical activity.
- I will promote the Virtual Assistance industry with the utmost professionalism and give of my knowledge freely to new and existing VAs and the general public.
*Source: Virtual Assistant Networking Association (VANA) VA Code of Ethics – The Largest Global Meeting Place Online for Aspiring and Successful Virtual Assistants
If you have any more questions or concerns, just ask!
So what are you waiting for?
Have more questions? Need some help? Contact SMac To The Rescue to set up your free initial consultation.